“Until we make the unconscious conscious, it will dictate our lives and we will call it fate.” Carl Jung
At first glance a very comlex tool and just as difficult to explain, the Enneagram is best experienced. I do however, like to use the following extract by Integrative Systems trying to explain this amazing tool that I use with great success in my coaching:
“The word Enneagram comes from the Greek words ennea (nine) and gram (points/what is written or drawn. it refers to nie different Enneagram styles, identified as the numbers 1-9. Each number represent a worldview and archetype that resontes with the way in which people think, feel and act and how they stand in relation to the world, others and themselves.
The Ennegram is a useful guide in the journey towards self development, relation building, conflict resolution and improvement of team dynamics.
The Enneagram creates meta awareness at individual ant team level and uncover the focus and patterns of behaviour that subconsciously drive and motivate us to act in a certain way.In making these patterns and motivations conscious, the individual is able to develop and transcend these.
The Enneagram has, over the past four decades, proven to be one of the most powerful tools in the coaching environment. When being coached, the use of the Ennegram fast tracks insight, growth and integration. The depth and layered approach to the Enneagram enable the coaching process to the clients to develop themsleves over time, as it continues to resonate more deeply as they change and their circumstances change.
The benefits of individual coaching using the Enneagram include:
- Creates meta-awareness at the level of motivation
- Increases consciousness and confidence
- Enables clearing of core emotional issues
- Provides a framework for understanding funtional and dysfynctional behaviours that stem from core motivations.
- Increases compassion for self and others
- Uncovers pathwyas to development and integration
- Creates a language and sensemaking framework
- Increases productivity and motivation